Senin, 13 April 2009
America’s Other Energy Crisis: What to Eat Before, During, and After a Workout
I don’t write about my first love, sports, all that much, but if you’ve read a few of my posts you may know that I spend the better part of the fall watching the NFL Network and that my winter, spring, and summer revolve around whatever athletic events I’m training for and watching.
So, it may come to no surprise to you that I’ve recently co-authored a book, released last week, on sports nutrition. It’s called Energy to Burn: The Ultimate Food and Nutrition Guide to Fuel Your Active Life.
My book provides the answers to today’s other energy crisis—the one faced by everyone from professional athletes to weekend warriors to anyone looking for a simple boost to help achieve their goals at work and play. This guide provides nutrition-conditioning strategies for meeting the demands you face in a typical workout, or even just a typical day.
So, it may come to no surprise to you that I’ve recently co-authored a book, released last week, on sports nutrition. It’s called Energy to Burn: The Ultimate Food and Nutrition Guide to Fuel Your Active Life.
My book provides the answers to today’s other energy crisis—the one faced by everyone from professional athletes to weekend warriors to anyone looking for a simple boost to help achieve their goals at work and play. This guide provides nutrition-conditioning strategies for meeting the demands you face in a typical workout, or even just a typical day.
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Entri Populer
-
By Dr. Hans-Rudolf Berthoud, from a recent paper, "The Neurobiology of Food Intake in an Obesogenic Environment" ( 1 ). I came ac...
-
Aitor Calero writes for the popular Spanish cooking and nutrition blog, Directo al Paladar ("straight to the palate"). We did a ...
-
I bought about a pound of almonds yesterday for a backpacking trip I'll be doing this weekend. I like to soak raw almonds, then lightly...
-
If vitamin A, D and K2 deficiency are important contributors to the characteristic pattern of chronic disease in modern societies (the '...
-
Sources of Copper It isn't hard to get enough copper-- unless you live in an industrial nation. I've compiled a chart showing the c...
-
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism just published a clinical review paper written by myself and my mentor Dr. Mike Schwart...
-
I don’t write about my first love, sports, all that much, but if you’ve read a few of my posts you may know that I spend the better part of ...
-
This week's lucky winner... the Hardee's MONSTER THICKBURGER! Two 1/3 lb beef patties, four strips of bacon, three slices of America...
-
I've noticed everyone around me getting sick lately (I seem to have become mostly immune to colds and the flu in the last couple of year...
-
Early Postnatal Face and Jaw Development The face and jaws change more from birth to age four than at any other period of development after ...
Labels
- April fool's (3)
- archaeology (10)
- book review (6)
- cancer (20)
- Cardiovascular disease (71)
- celiac (17)
- cholesterol (14)
- cob (1)
- dementia (2)
- dental health (21)
- diabetes (50)
- diet (245)
- disease (105)
- diseases of civilization (19)
- environment (5)
- evolution (7)
- exercise (23)
- fat-soluble vitamins (40)
- fats (100)
- Food reward (57)
- Food reward Fridays (8)
- French paradox (9)
- gardening (1)
- genetics (18)
- gluten (27)
- gout (1)
- Hadza (3)
- hormesis (5)
- hyperphagia (42)
- hypertension (12)
- infection (5)
- Inuit (8)
- Kitava (17)
- Kuna (3)
- lard (4)
- lectins (4)
- leptin (17)
- liver (19)
- low-carb (32)
- Masai (7)
- meditation (7)
- metabolic syndrome (21)
- minerals (17)
- native diet (58)
- natural building (1)
- nutritionism (2)
- overweight (130)
- paleolithic diet (27)
- phytic acid (12)
- Pima (7)
- presentations (5)
- real food (33)
- research bloopers (4)
- salad (1)
- San (3)
- sleep (1)
- smoking (1)
- soup stock (2)
- success stories (7)
- superstimuli (14)
- thrift (10)
- thyroid (1)
- Tokelau (11)
- yogurt (2)

0 komentar:
Posting Komentar